Monday, November 16, 2020

 

PRAY

“Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray…” (James 5:13a)

 

Prayer is talking with God

 

Prayer is having a relationship

 

In a real relationship

We talk

We listen

We go back and forth with that person

 

Sometimes we have a question

Sometimes we just want to share something

Sometimes we are silent and just enjoy the other person

In the quiet

In the silence

In their company

 

We feel loved

We feel safe

We feel secure

 

 

Other times we feel annoyed

We feel angry

We feel confused

 

We feel upset that the other person

Isn’t answering us

Isn’t doing what we’ve asked

Isn’t responding fast enough

 

We feel upset that the other person

Is saying “NO” to our ask

Is making us wait for an answer

 

We want an answer NOW!

We want to holler at the person

Don’t you hear me?!

Do you even see me?!

 

GOD

 

Are You there?!

 

When I feel confused

When I have doubts

When I am in trouble

When I feel troubled

When I feel impatient

When things don’t go my way

When I feel down and upset

 

WHERE ARE YOU?!

Come here already!

Answer me NOW!

 

Come HELP me!

NOW!!!

 

 

The Bible says to

PRAY

 Pray when we are in trouble

 

OK

Let me give it a try

 

Jesus

Help me

For I am in trouble

 

Your Word says I am to ask

 

So I am asking

 

HELP…

 

 

I am asking out of my relationship with You

 

 

I choose to not make You into a Genie

To not USE You

To not only go to You when I have a need

To not make You into my servant to do whatever I want

 

You are after all

The Lord

The Master of the universe

 

Who am I to order you around

 

Help me to have a real relationship with You

 

And out of our relationship

 

I will ask

 

I am asking

I am trusting

That You are true to Your Word

 

If anyone is in trouble

 

PRAY

 


Even when I have not worked on our relationship

 

Even when I have neglected You

Even when I have doubted You

Even sometimes I don’t know if You exist

 

You do not become Someone You’re not

Just because I have my doubts

 

 

You are still Who You are

You are still GOD

 

 

Thank You for your grace

Thank You for Your love for me

Thank You for bearing with me

Thank You for being always and ever patient with me

 

Thank You that my relationship with You isn’t earned

 

Because You are

Always faithful

Always loving

Always understanding

Always accepting

 

Of me

 

So I am praying now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Run Into God’s Throne Room In the ancient times kings have their throne room Where they conduct important state affairs They preside over of...